Thursday, October 17, 2013

Finally Back in the Lifetime Club

Well folks, It’s finally here! I have hit LIFETIME status on Weight Watchers again. It has been a long time coming and it feels AMAZING to finally be back here. I celebrated last night with My Big Fat Greek Wedding and CHINESE FOOD (Chicken Fried Rice to be exact)! I posted the great news on my Facebook last night and got a few texts/messages asking what I meant by saying I was at Lifetime again. So I guess I should clarify… Weight Watchers has you pick a goal weight that is in a healthy weight range for your height. When you are going through the program you are eligible for Lifetime Status once you are officially a “Lifetime Member.” Lifetime members are required to remain within two pounds of their goal weight. If you do this and weigh in once a month you remain a Lifetime Member and get to attend meetings for free and get to use their online/mobile e-tools for free. It’s an amazing program and is a great way to encourage their members that have had success to continue to have success.


My WW Key Chain - the bronze piece
that holds the different charms we get
at our 10% (losing 10% of body weight),
the hands clapping = 16 weeks in the
program, the circle shape is for when i hit
25 lbs lost, and the key is for lifetime.
You get a star for goal weight as well &
a few other charms. 
I hit Lifetime Status when I was 15 years old and lost my 86 pounds. As I explained in my previous post I did not continue going to Weight Watchers meetings or doing the monthly weigh ins like I knew I should - and that is how I found myself where I was in college. I gained back almost every pound that I lost and now YEARS later I am finally back at Lifetime Status! Meaning, I am within two pounds of my goal weight! And let me just tell you, it feels better than it did the first time. It feels AMAZING - because it has been a rough, long and exhausting road - spanning over years of up and down and smaller pants and bigger pants. I have worked harder for every single pound that I have gotten off.. AGAIN than I did the first time and I am vowing to you now that I will do everything I can to stay healthy. 


I've realized how important it is to stay accountable to yourself. Not just because you want to be "skinny" but because you want to be healthy. Healthy. That is the goal. I'm not giving up the foods I love, I'm not giving up my little cheats here and there. You've gotta make it a lifestyle that's what they mean by saying  "Lifetime" I'll be living this *New* way for the rest of my life. I am never going to be someone that can eat whatever they want and doesn't gain a pound - so I can't expect to live that way either. Now, I'm not saying that I will never ever gain a single pound again - because that's CLEARLY a lie. But, I do think the way I view it will be different. My goal is to live life, enjoy life, enjoy food BUT to be mindful of my weight. If I feel I've gained a few pounds, I'll be proactive and catch it early instead of catching it 50, 60, 70, 80 lbs later - like I had to do this go around. My plan is continue to attend my Weight Watchers meetings weekly and weigh in at least once a month because I need the accountability and I need the fellowship and community that I get from my leaders and my meeting buddies. 


Thank you so much to all my AMAZING Weight Watchers Leaders (In Falls Church, VA, in Statesboro, GA, in Buckhead (Atlanta) and in Dunwoody, GA). Thank you to my parents, my sister and my friends & my fiance who have been my greatest cheerleaders - and have listened to me cry and cry and cry every time I was stuck in a plateau and just wanted to give up! 

April 2008


Me with my Mom & Sister (November 2010)

At Ashley-Rose's Wedding (also a Lifetime Member) with Laura & Kaitlyn. (Summer 2012)

The Vampire Diaries Tour with Hailey & Melinda (September 2012)
Christmas 2012

At Laura's wedding with Melinda (March 2013)

With my fabulous Fiance at my Best Friend's Wedding (June 2013)

Now both Lifetime Members with Ashley-Rose at my engagement dinner (June 2013)


In Chicago with Laura & Melinda (September 2013)





No comments:

Post a Comment